Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje on Saturday urged citizens to use the existing emergency hotlines provided by the state Ministry of Health in the event of any eventuality.
The governor, in a statement by the commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, said surveillance and emergency response measures are in place to tackle outbreak of any communicable disease.
According to the statement, the government has provided emergency hotlines for citizens to call if they feel unwell or suspect a case of the coronavirus, also known as
The statement said the emergency contacts are as follows:
1. Dr Imam Wada Bello, Director of Public Health and Disease Control 08050303343;
2. Dr Bashir Lawan Muhammad, State Epidemiologist/Incident Manager, Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) 08099973292;
3. Sulaiman Ilyasu, State Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (SDSNO) 08039704476;
4. State Coordinator, World Health Organisation (WHO), Kano 08037038597;
5. Dr Sharif Yahaya Musa, Director Disease Control and Epidemiologist 08176677497
The statement appealed to the public to follow precautionary measures recommended by the Ministry of Health and other relevant government agencies.